RECIPES FOR LIFE

Sit down, relax & enjoy my recipes for life!

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Marathon

So on Sunday 1/18/09, Eric ran the P.F. Chang's Marathon in 4hrs 19min. He is absolutely amazing, my husband! This was his first marathon, and he ran it by himself, all of his friends bailed out, sad. These runners have such determination and it was so emotional watching them cross the finish line. There were couple going across holding hands, which made me tear up! Could you imagine running 26.2 miles, crossing 3 cities?
My parents, Garrett and I went down to cheer him on and meet him at the finish line. It was really such a great day. We walked right past my old dorms, the ASU campus looked a bit different, they built new dorms and several new parking structures. The old sorority dorms has bars on the entry, weird. It was neat showing Eric and Garrett where I used to live and play :)
All and all it was a wonderful day that we will remember forever.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you all experienced that together. What an exciting, amazing accomplishment! Isn't it weird going back to campus?

    ReplyDelete